Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high quality dental care. We understand that you or your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing you with the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
Before Your Appointment, It Is Recommended that You:
1. Complete Patient Registration beforehand to expedite the check in process. Please provide details of medical history, all medications you are taking, allergies, etc.
2. Obtain digital copy of previous dental X-rays and treatment record, if available, and forward them to us via email (Centredentalnyc@Gmail.com), so we can better understand your dental conditions.
3. Obtain a copy of your recent dental insurance EOBs, if any, to help us understand your insurance benefit more accurately.
4. If you wear any removable dental appliances (night guards, retainers, dentures), even if they do not fit you anymore, please prepare to bring them to our office for evaluation.
5. On the day of your first visit, bring your smiles. Do not forget to bring your insurance card and your ID.
6. If you receive a confirmation text from us as an appointment reminder, please reply by entering “Confirm” to confirm your appointment, so we do not have to call you.
Upon Your Arrival, We May (pandemic special measures):
1. Ask you to wait outside the door until you are called in, keep your mask on, and maintain social distancing.
2. Take your temperature
3. Ask you to remove outside gloves and use sanitizer in the waiting area.
4. Ask you questions concerning your recent travel history, your Covid-19 test results, and Covid19 vaccination status.
5. Review your registration status. If you have not yet successfully submitted the Patient
Registration Form, you are required to complete it in office using your personal smart phone (or our tablet computer).
6. Copy your insurance card and your ID.
7. Take your photo as part of your file.
8. Answer any questions you may have.
During Your First Visit, We Will:
1. Review your medical and dental history forms you have filled out previously.
2. Take pictures, digital X-rays, and perform 5-D scan (iTero) of your teeth to check cavities and occlusion.
3. Provide intra-oral and extra-oral exams including oral cancer screening.
4. Discuss your dental conditions and treatments options you may need. Our doctor may work with you to develop a customized treatment plan. It is the best time for you to ask any questions and voice any concerns.
5. If teeth cleaning is scheduled, a doctor or a hygienist may perform a cleaning for you.
6. After a plan is made, the treatment coordinator will discuss financials and insurance coverage with you and schedule your next appointment.
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you're preparing to visit us, please remember that your appointments can last between 45 to 90 minutes. We offer evening and weekend hours (including Sundays) for yuor convenience.